• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Started a Cheromanche ?????????????

hackedxj

NAXJA Member #1090
Ever since I drooled over the big red Cheromanche floating on this site I knew I wanted one,understand the parts were made from scratch,that's over my head .I started on 96 my mine last week,I'll be using the lower part of the hatch as a tailgate, I will not be cutting below the pinch welds under the quarter glasses.I will be using another hatch and hatch opening with the lift struts intact ,(since the one I cut off is now to short)moving them foward graphting them into the pillar behind the rear door.I've cut this hatch off near the body line below the wiper.I'll built a partition between the bed and cab that this hatch will seal to when closed, might even make it fold down.The goal when completed is to have a short hatch that opens up horizontal to the roof over the bed for summertime rides,I been driving it some with the rear cut out and I like the open air feel. Has anyone done or seen this done (have pics)seeing one completed would be nice. I searched everywhere, found nothing ,so I'm winging it.So far so good and yes a cage is planned.

Back