• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You missed it on Sunday

96 Classic

NAXJA Member #324
It was great wheeling with everyone on the weekend but what happened to everyone on Sunday? There were only 5 of us left on Sunday. You'll never know what happened to that shiny red 96 Classic on the last day on the last obstacle on a moderate trail. Chris, I'm sure you can keep a secret and I'm sure that picture didn't turn out that you took. Thanks to all who took all the great pictures and posted them.

Happy Trails. John B.

I hope I can pop most of the dent out but the paint cracked so you'll still see the damage. It had to happen sooner or later. Just can't believe it happened then and there with all the other stuff I've gone through.

Happy Trails John B.

<grin> I just don't believe he finally did it.......

96 Classic said:
It was great wheeling with everyone on the weekend but what happened to everyone on Sunday? There were only 5 of us left on Sunday. You'll never know what happened to that shiny red 96 Classic on the last day on the last obstacle on a moderate trail. Chris, I'm sure you can keep a secret and I'm sure that picture didn't turn out that you took. Thanks to all who took all the great pictures and posted them.

Happy Trails. John B.

I saw it :spin1:

John

Fore Wheeler said:
time to cut the roof off?

Not quite yet. Maybe some more body armor.

Happy Trails. John

Damn John ... I watched you wheel that nice red XJ all day Saturday and could not believe you could do as well on the trail as you did and have such a nice looking rig. When I first saw it, my thoughts were "Poseur!" ... you showed me otherwise.

Now ... I would appreciate a bit more details about what happened and what the damage was. I'm guessing the next time I see you, you'll have that rig repaired and "spit shined".

Les

Knowing John's jeep, it's probabaly a dent in the rear quarter or something small...:) Who remembers nacfest 02 when he came back after the first day with an immaculately clean jeep... that was just hilarious. I'm still laughing about it. However, I'm a bit jealous his jeep still looks as clean as it does.

You've done nice work on it, and a hell of a job maintaining it, while still going all over the country wheeling it. That's the good stuff, and that's why you always get judge's pick....it would be my pick as well. :angel: _nicko_

Ok, I will share it with everybody. Here it is immediately before Mr. Tree on the right brushed his rear quater panel.

47b4d839b3127cceb0dedc3f10440000001610

John :farmer:

Is that at spare tire creek? I love that creek crossing. Or are there 2 places? I forget...

Fore Wheeler said:
nice pic of the XJ, maybe something to send into the mags, but WHERE'S THE FREAKIN DAMAGE PICS?????????????

Chris was the only one who took a picture after I slide into the tree. Didn't look like much with all the mud all over it but after I washed it you could see the dent and missing paint. It's not going to buff out. :bawl:
If I knew how to post pictures I would. You'll have to see it in person this fall in Moab.

Happy Trails John

Back