• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shock mounts

smallxj

NAXJA Forum User
OK i need to figure out some kind of ne whock mounts for the rear of my xj so what is everyone else doing for the upper mounts in the rear.

I'm very high tech........I run remote resevoir SAW's with bar pins in the stock location.

:D

I used 1 3/4" HREW with plates welded to the ends and pin style weld in shock mounts

picture.JPG

Blatant said:
I'm high-tech, too; I weld grade 8 bolts (at the proper angle, of course) to the axle tubes and call it good.
d

I thought he said upper rear mounts. I just used the stock upper mounts with some BPE's. I am thinking about making a shock hoop though. Whay do you need to change the upper mounts anyway? Not getting enough use out your current shocks?

-Mike

Ah, good catch. I misread it. At this point, I plan on cutting through the floorboards and making a hoop so those 9012s will fit ;-)
d

Back