• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's Trac- Bar to get?

whitexj88

NAXJA Forum User
Need to get a trac- bar and drop bracket for a XJ running 8" lift (long arm) any suggestions? Somebody recommended Rusty's with the reinforcement brace. Anybody have any good or bad experiences?

Thanks for any help

if it were me, id get the RE bracket and bar. ive got rustys now and i am on my 3rd bracket. this 3rd one has been on a while but a) the bracket should NEVER break in the first place and b) the second time one of his brackets broke it took 3 weeks for me to get the bracket shipped to me. that said, a friend of mine has the same trac bar and drop bracket and his trac bar bent up pretty good wheeling, and not from a rock grabbing it either.

Hunter

I've had an RE HD trackbar, an RE extreme duty track bar and Rusty's track bar in between those two. The Rusty's was by far the flimsiest piece. I was not impressed at all. I'm now at about 7.5" of lift and the RE extreme duty trackbar has been fantastic. Very beefy, excellent drop bracket, good price.

How is the RE 1600 everyone? I think I am getting that for my rig sitting at ~3.5" the 1600 should be good at this height right. I am gonna order it tomorrow unless someone says other wise. Looking for +'s and -'s on the track bars here as well. TIA.

The RE Extreme Duty trackbar is the only one to buy.Ive had the others also,but now two flawless years for the RE bar!

I have had the RE/Rusty's. Right now I have the JKS/Off Road General Store. Great product. I have the agree that the Rusty's Trac bar isn't the best/strongest piece out there. The RE is a really good product. But in my case the third one is the charm.

RCP Phx said:
The RE Extreme Duty trackbar is the only one to buy.Ive had the others also,but now two flawless years for the RE bar!

I disagree. The HD bracket that comes w/ the HD trac-bar also drops the mounting location of the trac-bar on the frame end. This adds unneccesary stress to that section of the frame. I have the standard duty RE bar w/ the stock bracket and it does me just fine at 4.5" w/ 33 MTRs. A good friend of mine is an RE dealer, and I help him out, but even though he would make more money on the HD bar, I still recommend the regular bar for the stated reason. Now if I were a rich man, ORGS would be the bar of choice. HTH, Peace

Ary

Actually I was suprised to find out that the RE bracket doesnt have any additional drop at all.Ive got another one on order for a friend,and ive got my OEM in the garage.Ill get some pics when it gets here!

you sure? I was pretty sure it dropped like an inch. I installed on one my friend's Jeep a few months back and coulda sworn it was a drop bracket as well. Peace

Ary

Yeah I measured mine last month when there was a thread going about drop brackets causing unibody damage!

I have a used RE track bar here on a jeep I bought for parts only a month old....great shape ....it is the RE 1600 and yours for only 100.00 plus shipping.....lets say 115.00 total

kevinsjeepparts.com is a good setup. i have it on my xj with only 4.5 inches of lift. he uses his frame mount with ORGS trac bar. it is a super beefy set up. worth the money. :D

Back