• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suv/4x4 magazines?

Legacy

NAXJA Forum User
What suv/jeep/4x4 magazines do you buy?
I've been getting the peterson 4 wheel of road, but today i went to go pick up the new july copy but they were sold out so i bought a All jeeps magazine or(JP magazine).
All most all the other magazines are for new none jeep suv's chevy,ford, but htere not really about 4 wheeling.

I like Petersen's too and Four Wheel and Sport Utilitly. I've got a cheap subscription to Four Wheeler and don't care for it too much. It's too much show and shine. I also like JP because it's all Jeep and you're guaranteed to find something on XJ's each month, but there's too much crud and boob shots etc. for me to be a subsciber. Call me a prude but I don't care to pay for that kinda stuff. Give me tech articles galore and leave the other stuff for LOWRIDER.

I have subscribed to JP magazine for over 3 years and think it's the best deal out there, especially for XJ owners. It's a bi-monthy mag, but they currently have an XJ build-up project going. Plus since the 4.0L is used in so many Jeep products some of the info is interchangable between models. And like going to Jamborees, just looking at stuff in the mag can give you ideas and there's alot of ads for all things Jeep. I found my air intake in the back of the mag last year. I agree that much of the humor is low-brow, but as long as the tech and info is good, I could care less. Some of their antics at times do border on unsafe and illegal, however so do those of some people I know personally. The biggest draw was the price though, something like $12 for a 2 year subscription last time I renewed.

i'd haveta agree w/ xjfrek....i've been a subscriber to JP mag and really enjoy them....4wheel drive has too many adds and stuff for me.....petersons 4 wheel and offroad has some good stuff, not not a whole lot pertaining to XJ's....i see a lot of trucks and broncos and CJ's, but sometimes you'll find a good article on something, just gotta kinda flip thru the mag before ya buy (if yr gettin it at the store)

Kris

Back