• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

As the XJ's Turn....

G.Q. Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I have 2 questions about my XJ, I just installed my RE3.5 and running 31's, looks so sweet and sitting in the driveway looking at it makes me think that it cannot get stuck!!!

I have 2 questions though, what is the difference in the sizes of the wheel well openings on the 96 and older XJ's Vs the 97 + XJ's? which model run has a larger opening?

and my second Q? is how do I mount my spare (its a 31 Bridgestone Dueler AT on a stock steel wheel) on my roof, without seeing any straps or bungee cords? I would like to keep it a clean look, if possible...

thanks !

GQ

No Pics yet, soon ofcourse!!!

That tire carrier looks ok, however my XJ is full of lights on top, and there is no room in the budget for that as well....so its just gonna have to live with straps and bungee cords....any other ideas???

Jeff

All the wheelwells are the same...

If you've got the factory roof rack (like 95% do) Mopar had a tire carrier that mounted to that. You might see the four little legs uder the tire, but the majority of the carrier was hidden...

Find one of those left over somewhere (doubt the dealer can still get one) They're on ebay every so often, or used to be, anyway...

Robert

Back