• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission Identification

saint_raider

NAXJA Forum User
This is probably a dumb question but since I am new to the XJ game there are still a few things I need to know. I have a 1989 Cherokee, 4.0L, with 5sp Manual tranny. I do not know what tranny is in this vehicle. Is it a Peugot? Was there more than one kind of manual tranny available for this year? Thanks for your help.

saint_raider said:
This is probably a dumb question but since I am new to the XJ game there are still a few things I need to know. I have a 1989 Cherokee, 4.0L, with 5sp Manual tranny. I do not know what tranny is in this vehicle. Is it a Peugot? Was there more than one kind of manual tranny available for this year? Thanks for your help.

Its unfortunate but, they offered the peugot, or the aisin in that year. The identifying mark is that the peugot trans is that the case splits down the middle. It also should be stamped somewhere in the housing.

:eyes:

Back