• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lock rite or aussie??

lostcreek21

NAXJA Forum User
:party: I have an aussie locker in the rear and now I'm going to lock up my front. I want to hear some opinions on wether I should go with an aussie or a lock rite in the front. The price difference is only $14 and I didn't know if the aussie locker or the lock rite was stronger. Thanks

i as well as everyone else in my jeep club runs lock rights up front and i have never heard any complaints. just put mine in a week ago but am happy so far.

I abuse my lockrite to no end and it has yet to break. In fact I opened the diff up and checked on it last month and there wasn't even any chips in it. Have had it for about 6months. Wheeling every weekend

I have an aussie up front in mine.....Don't know about the Lock rite, but you cannot hear the aussie at all. I ran a little heavier gear oil...85w to 140w and had several friends listen all day trying to hear it. They were pretty suprised as was I.

I don't think you will go wrong with either, but I do know the aussie is much smoother and quieter than a powertrax I have in my suburban.

That's my .02 cents.

Steve

Back