• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed new lift, weird noise

Cherokee91Red

NAXJA Forum User
I just got my RE 3.5 lift in on Sun. Today I noticed a very annoying squeak/squeal coming from the front right of the vehicle when i hit a bump or turn quickly to the left. Sounds either like harsh metal-to-metal or rubber, not sure. Could this be a problem with my install or just common for new parts? First lift so not sure on what I am to expect.

should not be any noise if installed right, recheck everything you touched.

Check the trackbar on the axle side.
Have someone start the Jeep and turn the wheel 20 degrees in each direction over and over again while you look at every joint that attaches the front axle to the unibody.
Look for movement.
Also, retorque lca and uca bolts.
HTH

Thanks, I'll double check all them bolts this afternoon. Install was fairly straitforward. Only problem was I snapped one of the shackle bolts that goes inside the frame. Spent about 4 hours cutting, drilling and finding a new bolt to fit in. Took me 2 and a half days to finish it.

Figured out the problem. The sway-bar end link supplied with the kit was rubbing on the steering linkage bracket. The squek was horrendous. 1 angle grinder and a layer of grease and now the squeak is gone. Look at the Broke Stuff folder for a pic on the rubbed area.

Back