• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Muffler Choice? Flowmaster or Stock?

waxer

JEEP APPRENTICE
Staff member
NAXJA Member
Anyone have any preferences as to which muffler to run with? My stock muffler on my 92 XJ is pretty shot, rattling to hell and back.

I'd like to replace it with something stout like a flowmaster, but I'm not sure on which one to get and with what size opening with the stock exhaust.

I'd like a somewhat better than stock rumble, but nothing like the ricers around here.

Anyone recently put in a flowmaster and like the sound? If so, which flowmaster did you end up putting it?

Thanks..

Choosing a muffler is like choosing a girlfriend ... one may be beefier, shorter, louder or hums more than the other ... it's all boils down to personal preference my friend.

If you want my opinion ... go with a Hooker, as in Aero Chamber ... :angel:

Have fun !

Stock exhaust is 2.25". I went with a Flowtech Raptor, nice mellow sound, can't beat the price. Got it at Checker's for under $20.00. I think its comparable to the flowmaster design.

Back