• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buying a jeep...some suggestions?

ghettocruiser

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone. This is my first post I believe. Im looking at a 94 Cherokee Sport. It has its problems...I will only list a few Im curious about. First of all, its leaking tranny fluid bad. The one cooler line that runs infront of the radiator is leaking. Right where the rubber line meets the steel line. I was going to patch it with high press trans hose...but what are some other options? Anyone replace the hose? There is a lot of oil on the undercarrige. It looks like most of it is from the leaking hose due to being close to the fan. I think the fan is picking it up and blowing it all over.

So give me some ideas. Its a 94, with 172,000 miles on it. Guy wants $800. Decent shape. Body is great. Engine runs great...once I got it started. Needs a starter... What are some other things I should look out for? I know thats a broad question...and Ive come up with most of it I think...I just thought I would throw it out there for you all and see what pops up! Thanks in advance for the info. Maybe if I get it I can do some mods and start postin on here more often.

Justin

Back