• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a little extra lift

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 3" superlift with aal, want to get a little more height in the rear. could i add a xj main leaf with the bushings cut off for an extra inch or so, or the main from a dakota pack? i just dont know if it is ok to have two aal. i guess another option would be shackles, which would be best?

Last edited:
Ramsey said:
i have a 3" superlift with aal, want to get a little more height in the rear. could i add a xj main leaf with the bushings cut off for an extra inch or so, or the main from a dakota pack? i just dont know if it is ok to have two aal. i guess another option would be shackles, which would be best?

I do shackles. MJ shackles are about $42 at the dealer and give 1/2" of lift. If you need more lift, RE shackles are 1" of lift. MJ's ride really, really nice with 3" springs, and are suited perfectly to that application. I'd get those and maybe add a half inch block if you need more.

Nay

is a longer shackle going to make my springs sag quicker though and then negate the shackles lift and be back where i started

Back