• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5 lift done...still couple of questions!

99greenjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
So this weekend I took out my RE 2" BB and installed the 3.5 Super Flex kit with the RE Adjustable track bar on my 99 Classic. I'm extremely happy with how it rides and the install wasn't too bad (would have been faster without beer). But I do have a couple of questions you guys might be able to help me out with.

1) I had minor driveline vibrations with the 2" at 55-60mph, but now with the 3.5" and 4 degree shims they are gone. Has anyone experienced this?

2) When I make a full turn going from left to right there is a slight popping noise in the front right before I max out to the right. I have checked all new hardware and tightened everything well. Any thoughts?

Any help on these would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

1) you have corrected the DL angle so the vibes are gone

2) the loud popping noise is the upper mount of the trackbar mount.

you really need to reef it down

the bottom mount of the trackbar will also hollow out the mount and will make it loose eventually. You must have the high pinion front Dana 30 to have no vibes at that heighth. Congrats on the install!

Check every aspect of the trackbar including the heim mounting!

Back