• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail conditions as of 6/13

Carpenter

NAXJA Forum User
I got back from Tellico last night, there has been alot of trail work done since I was last there (it's been a while). The approach to Guardrail has been filled, no more ruts. Getting to Gaurdrail is a breeze now. Helicopter Pad and Schoolbus looked about the same as did upper 2. Lower 2 has had a few of the big boulders at the top move but overall it's about the same as it was for the Crawl last year. Slickrock looked the same except for a couple of the ruts leading up to the rock garden have been filled. The biggest thing I noticed was all the work done on the far end of trail 4, trail 5, and trail 6. The spots on these trials that used to be challenging for stock/moderate rigs have almost all been filled in. Fain's Ford has also been filled in quite a bit. I didn't get back to see Peckerwood but I imagine it's as nasty as ever. Hopefully this info. will be useful for trail ride planning.

What no pictures? what are you running these days? A YJ isn't it?

Ghost said:
What no pictures? what are you running these days? A YJ isn't it?

To tell you the truth I never slowed down long enough to take any pictures. That Saturday we ran Upper 2, Guardrail, Helicopter Pad, and Schoolbus and were back at camp by 1:00. That Sunday we putted around 4 and 6 and ran Slickrock and were back at camp by 11:30. I was running a good friends Jeep while he was in Vegas getting married. My YJ is no where near being done. It looked like this last time I worked on it a month ago.

standard.jpg

The axles are built and ready to go under it, I just need some odds and ends to get it done. I'm hoping to start on the cage next month. That'll leave me the t-case, steering, and wheels and tires and I'll be close to hitting the trail. Getting engaged has slowed the project down considerably though.

Yea women will do that to you!

Back