• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No brake lights or emergancy flashers

BIG K

NAXJA Forum User
I still have runnunig lights and turn signals but no brake lights or emergancy flashers. Anyone have an idea as to where to start?

on some rigs, ( don't know for sure about Jeeps) the brake and e lights run off of a different fuse. It has to be fuse or relays, not the bulbs or a short.
I would start by checking both fuse boxes for a fuse that would cooberate with the e brake or brake lights. Then if that is not the case, check the bulbs to see if they are 1 or 2 filiment bulbs. They could be three filiments and if that second filiment burned our, you would still have running lights and turn signals but no brake lights. You should still have hazards tho...

Check the fuses first.

Thanks for the replies. I did check fuses first then replaced the bulbs and have checked the connections. At least I know im looking for the right issues.
Thanks, Kennie

Back