• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

international 44

kirby

NAXJA Forum User
I have the opportunity of picking up a d44 from an international truck for free. It has disk brakes, external locking hubs, and flat top knuckles. My question is where would I be able to get spare parts for one since they aren't too common? Do auto parts stores carry international parts?

I used to have a scout and never had a problem getting parts for it. One thing to know is that the scout front axle has like 0* caster so expect to have to cut and turn it.

I planned on it because I've seen how bad a low pinion looks when set up with a big lift. Did you do it yourself or did you have a shop do it? How hard was it if you did it?

Brent 88XJ said:
I used to have a scout and never had a problem getting parts for it. One thing to know is that the scout front axle has like 0* caster so expect to have to cut and turn it.

kirby said:
I planned on it because I've seen how bad a low pinion looks when set up with a big lift. Did you do it yourself or did you have a shop do it? How hard was it if you did it?

My scout was not lifted much so I never did it. I think on a scout you can get by with about a 4" lift before it is a problem. I know if you run them spring over it is needed. The only person I have met that did it said it wasn't bad at all. Just grind out the weld, twist and reweld.

Back