• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fog light fuse?

slujeeper5

NAXJA Forum User
This morning i was replacing the fog bulbs in my 98. When i had the first one in and the second one out, the first one lit up. then i put the second in and neither worked. So, i checked the connections, they seem to be fine. So i took the second one back out, and the first one still didnt work. Turns out the filament in the second one was bad. But i dont understand why the first one didnt work. Are they in a series? parallel? In my manual it doesnt say which fuse they are on, but does anyone know? id like to get this straightened out. thanks

There is a fuse in the under hood fuse box. That's where it was on my 93. I don't know if it changed or not. I have TJ fog lights on mine so I had to go to a 20 amp mini. Yours should be a 15 amp mini. Let us know if that fixes it.

Yeah sure enough, seems like thats the fix, i dont have any of those fuses on hand, but im gonna go get some in a bit. I had checked the fuses on the inner fuse block, but not the underhood one. The fuse that was blown was the mini-15 in the front-most passenger-side position of the underhood fuse block. I'll post another reply after i test it out. Thanks.

Back