• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny fluid everywhere?

Rough 01

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a 34 tooth "pinion speedo drive" Friday. I just noticed tonight there is tranny fluid everywhere and it appears to be coming from that unit. I followed the instructions on
HTML:
http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoSpeedoGears.htm[\html]

I plan on pulling it out tomorrow morning and checking the seal.  Anything special I should look for?

Thanks,
 Rough

it may be just the o-ring leaking but sometimes the whol; housing seeps. if you have fluid on the inside of the wire connector, you need to replace the housing as well. the new one comes with a new connector so the connection is clean and dry.if so i recommend soldering the wires from the new connector to the original harness. butt connectors dont work well because of the road moisture from rain etc.

I just checked and the O-ring was broken. I've topped off the fluid and I'm going to parts store when they open. Thanks for the help.

Back