• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

arb wiring problems--need help

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having problems getting my arb to work. I got the wiring harness from ARB and wired it up like it shows in the instructions, but haven't been able to get the comp to turn on. I know the comp worked when I got it from Sean and Andy set up the ARB in the dana 30 so that should be good to go. I'm only running a front locker so I tried hooking up to switch 1 and also then to switch 2, but couldn't get the comp to turn on. I know that the rear locker, if you do run an ARB has to be powered 1st before the front, but since I'm running only a front ARB I tried both the #1 & 2 switch. I also spliced into 1 of the 3 wires coming directly from the ignition coil to hook up the red/yellow wire that calls for it to be wired to the ignition. Does anyone have any suggestions on things I should try or am doing wrong. Your help would be much appreciated. I hate to have to pay someone to get my ARB to work, but I need to be able to use it, I paid for it and I'm running the Rubicon trip next weekend so I need it to function. I could supply beer or some other compensation for someone to come over and help me get it working, remember I have the comp mounted, air line hooked up, arb in the diff etc, I just need to get the wiring worked out to run the locker now. I live in Citrus Heights, CA (Sac area). Please advise. thanks....Troy
Troy

Or maybe you could scrap the whole harness and wire the compessor to a switch and then wire up the ARB switch separate which is very easy to do. I just finished wiring my single ARB switch and I am using a Viair compressor so no ARB wire harness.

BrettM said:
hook up the compressor to a toggle switch and manually turn it on, then run a pneumatic switch to handle all air duties. that's the way I did it, and what CRASH is doing, I like the simplicity.

Thanks Brett, for now though I really want to use the ARB wiring harness because I bought it and have time into it. If I have problems with it in the future, if I can get the thing to work 1st, then I'll go the toggle/pneumatic switch route. There are 2 wires coming out of the comp itself, would I have to Y these down to 1 wire and then hook them up to the toggle switch to manually run them? Do you think the ARB wiring harness is inheritantly difficult to wire and/or be as reliable? I see alot of stuff that could render the arb useless, like shorted wiring/air line snag etc. I do like having the selectibility of the arb especially due to the fact I don't have manual hubs on my stock dana 30.
Troy

i have no idea how the wiring is supposed to hook up, but I would imagine that there is one 12v wire to the compressor, and one ground, just hook those up with a toggle on the power.

For the switch, I don't know, not familiar with them at all, I went straight to pneumatic without looking even once at adding more steps, and therefore potential points of failure, to the process.

Back