• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end help needed

Rockhound

NAXJA Forum User
ok, i have a 91, 4.0, auto, 231, 7 1/4", 33s, xjd44. my steering has been getting worse and worse and this heat is taking it's toll. there is a good chance i will be moving to Colorado in october to work at telluride and ride the season. i need to take care of all my loose ends before i go. most of which are things i can either replace stock, or upgrade. alot of which don't have that much of a cost difference. if i have to tear it apart and spend it i wouldn't mind adding another couple inches and 35's.
steering?
front end?
best way to reach it?
thanks
Rockhound

if you're sitting at 7 1/4", you shouldn't need anymore inches to get to 35's, unless you want the tallness. What kind of lift are you running right now? Just buy the 35's, put them on, and then trim where they rub...seems to be what most people say round here.

yah i checked out gottabejeep's website this morning and just may do that. i was planning on throwing on a set of tj flares and trimming for them anyways. i like having air between my tires and my fenders. thanks
Jon

Back