• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Members Only?

Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
This sounds great and I would really like to do the first three days with y'all if I can get the Jeep ready. Do I need to be a member :dunno:

Thanks - Michel :wave:

Jeep said:
This sounds great and I would really like to do the first three days with y'all if I can get the Jeep ready. Do I need to be a member :dunno:

Thanks - Michel :wave:

No.

:)

There has been a lot of discussion on whether or not you have to be a member. If you are not a member you are basically going to be assigned a "big brother" to make sure you know the rules and to help you out if you need it and to answer any questions you have. You will have to meet the safety requirements and agree to follow the rules just like any other member. This isn't meant to be a slam or anything of the type. We just want to make sure everyone has a good time with the minimum of hassles.

I want to personally welcome you. I will be trail leading at least a couple of the trails in the Ouray area. There will be a selection of trails from very mild to a bit more chalenging in the Ouray area. The harder trails will be more around the Buena Vista portion of the trip. The listing and schedule of the trails will be posted in a week or so.

Thanks Tom,
Sounds like fun to me :thumbup: . Where could I get a list of the safety requirements?

rig requirements for NAXJA trips can be found near the bottom of the By-Laws page (tab on the home page) quoted below.

All vehicles must have the following equipment to attend the off road portion NAXJA sponsored Events

Legally required automobile insurance and registration;

Fire extinguisher;

First Aid Kit;

Tow Rope (no metal hooks allowed), Tow Chain, or Winch;

Safety belts;

Spare tire, jack, and lug wrench;

Hooks both front and rear (or suitable attaching point)

CB (HIGHLY recommended, but not mandatory)

I will also be posting guidelines for each trail when a trail list is posted in the next week or two. The guidelines are a minimum for each trail and are posted so you don't sign up for a trail that is beyond the capabilities of your Jeep. that usually ends in broken parts, body damage and an unhappy owner/driver. We want to avoid that.

We attempted to run an event in 2002 to follow up on the success of FF 99 held in Ouray. Unfortunately a wicked fire season meant we had to run an unofficial event instead. A good decision.

So to answer your question - NO
Not an annual event but certainly we try to hold a CO event every 2 or 3 years.

Grant,
I understand about the fire season - I'm a fireman :wave1: . I hope I can make this one.

Thanks again

Many, many thanks for the great work you guys do.

I live in the foothills and we have been threatened three times by serious forest fires. I could never thank the fire fighters enough for the hard and dangerous work they perform.

Hope you can make the CO event this year.

Grant's a bit paranoid about fires and for good reason. He and his buddies even have their own rural type firetruck with tank and pump now. Or should I say a tank with a tank. :laugh:

Back