• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ Exh Manifold Won't Fit, Will It?

Yucca-Man

NAXJA Member # 683
My 96 4.0L needs a new exhaust manifold, and I just want to make sure I can rule out the TJ manifold - as I recall it wraps around the front of the oilpan or something doesn't it?

Yucca-Man said:
My 96 4.0L needs a new exhaust manifold, and I just want to make sure I can rule out the TJ manifold - as I recall it wraps around the front of the oilpan or something doesn't it?

I just compared the TJ and XJ manifolds in the FSM's and they do look different but I can't tell if it's just the drawing or reality. I know the 99TJ's have that 'pleated' downtube thats supposed to prevent cracking and my TJ manual is for the 97TJ. Unfortunately both our TJ's are 2.5's so I can't just go look and stick a tape measure up there and say yes or no....

Yucca-Man said:

My TJ wrapped around the front, but that was the down pipe. The pipe in my 91 drops down behind the manifold.

A TJ should work. it fits the wrangler/cherokee from 91-99 4.0. Manifold ONLY.

GO BABY GO !! :wave1:

Back