• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to patch a hole?

RTicUL8

NAXJA Forum User
My friend’s Jeep has a pin-sized hole in the a/c condenser coils. What's the best product to patch this with? My daughter suggested duct tape (good girl).

It’s painted black and I was wondering if it’s aluminum or copper or something else – anyone know?

93 XJ Country 4.0L

Well, the system is evacuated anyway so you might as well just replace it with a new or newer one. You *might* be able to jbweld it but I don't think it's worth it, as far as I know they are aluminum. I would also put a new tower in too, being open to the outside that system is probably full of moisture now and the drying element is probably saturated, 1+ hour of vac could dry it out, not sure. Might as well do it right because they are a PIA to work on once they're charged up.

There are evaporator repair kits available (epoxy glue), but don´t often hold up to the higher pressures of the condensor (200PSI).

Back