• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel cell

BIGWOODY

NAXJA Forum User
ordered an RCI cell from Summit, says it has a 90ohm gm type sending unit. Anybody got a clue what a jeep one is? just curious if my gauge will be close to correct or just get ready to have to check my fuel from time to time. I really wish i knew how to post pics here, got the whole back of my MJ 'truggy" done and sending it to be painted thurs.

Do you have a site to put them on? If so It's not that hard. If not send them to me and I'll put them up for you. [email protected]

GM sender is close enough for the Jeep fuel gauge. I think it's off a few ohms on either end but not enough to matter. I have one in my fuel cell in the YJ and it reads empty when it should read ~1/8 of a tank, should keep me from ever running out of gas.

Ghost said:
Do you have a site to put them on? If so It's not that hard. If not send them to me and I'll put them up for you. [email protected]
Thanx, but i just poted them on creepsunlimited....they seem to have a more "idiot friendly" pic posting set up there.
Thanks for the help with the sending unit also, Wes....did you put your fuel pump in the tank or run an external one?

Alright then link us up!

YOur Truggy is looking good!
:thumbup:

Last edited:
hell yeah greg, lookin good, you gonna make it to the crawl?

That is sweet! But, I cannot believe you linked us into JU! :puke:

jeepxjga said:
hell yeah greg, lookin good, you gonna make it to the crawl?
I should, got the rest of the parts here in the floor and it went to get painted today. Really pushing hard to go on a ride over the 4th in West Virginia

BIGWOODY said:
Thanx, but i just poted them on creepsunlimited....they seem to have a more "idiot friendly" pic posting set up there.
Thanks for the help with the sending unit also, Wes....did you put your fuel pump in the tank or run an external one?

I am using an external pump. I got it from Autozone, part number E2000. I don't know what the application is but it works perfectly and it has a lifetime warranty.

Back