• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do you tell if your manifold is cracked?

mine would make a ticking noise that would increase with acceleration.

this should be on the oem board.

Mine popped on start-up the other day. Had a buddy start it, while I held my fingers up by the joints. Just run it for a moment or two, it gets hot quick. Found two cracks one, on the first joint, of the number six cylinder pipe and another at the Y before the flange.

My bad, forgot which board I was in. All that happens on mine which has been driving me crazy for the past 3 months since I bought it, is when I start it up and then start to accelerate 80% of the time I get this clunking, knocking, etc sound and the jeep won't accelerate. It's a 97 XJ 4.0 and it only does this on low speed, not driving highway. I does this for about 5-10 secs and no matter how much I push down on the accelerator it just keeps knocking, clunking then it gets gas and is fine at least until I slow down again and then it at idle it will keep doing this almost like the engines being choked or not getting enough gas...who knows.

I will check on the manifold cracks, but any ideas?

Chris (Double Down)

Back