• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cash and Carry!!! (and other NACFest tidbits)

Mike in NJ

NAXJA Life Member
NAXJA Member
By this time tomorrow, CHW will be at Red Ridge setting up the North Atlantic Chapter Banner, a whole bunch of unwashed midwesterners will be toolin' along I80 headed for the Appalachians, and many other easterners will be agonizing over the last fixes on their junk before they head to Paragon.

NACFEST is just about here!!!! :D :D :D

Looking forward to riding with you all. (Thursday through Sunday)

One more reminder - while there are plenty of ATMs around Hazleton, you might want to check your cash situation, since we can't handle plastic (save that for the gas stations).

There is a one time $10 event fee - which covers our general expenses and includes a neato dash plaque, one raffle ticket, and one BBQ meal (handled by those same unwashed midwesterners).

On a DAILY basis, we will be collecting the $25 Paragon entry fee (and $5 for every additional passenger over 16).

On Saturday morning, any additional adult (over 16) Saturday night BBQ meals will be $5 as well.

And, assuming you have any cash left, additional raffle tickets will be available, as will a 50-50. The raffle this year includes a cool D44 donated by member Bob Lester.

We will try to deal with the registration paperwork and safety inspections (check out NAXJA minimums) as much as possible at Red Ridge Campground, but for those of you who are going to go directly to Paragon's entrance parking lot - we'll be set up each day at about 8:00AM, and at 8:45AM we'll move into the park - you HAVE to be there by then. Especially on Saturday. If you get there before us, DO NOT register with, or pay Paragon directly (or you'll pay more).

BTW, Paragon requires an orange safety flag to be displayed. While they have ones for sale at the park, if you have some blaze orange that's about 8x8 and can tie it to your antenna, bring that to save a few bucks as well.

That's about it - see you in a couple . . . .

Mike in NJ :patriot:

o man o man this shit is gona be awesome. my first NAXJA event. and i even am a member(but it hasnt gone through yet. must be slow).

alright so 30 a day for me plus a 10 fee for the BBQ. saweet. hmmm a raffle for a d44. im liking this even more then ever now.

MuddinXJ said:
alright so 30 a day for me plus a 10 fee for the BBQ. saweet. hmmm a raffle for a d44. im liking this even more then ever now.

Muddin':

I think you said your dad was coming, so you're right about the $30/day for Paragon entry, but it's only $5 extra for his BBQ fee on Saturday (yours is included in the $10 one-time event fee).

BTW, so we can be polite (doesn't include Beez) and don't have to go looking for a "Muddin", what's your first name? Thanks.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

lol i knew about beez. he already said he would help me with my suspension. damn dw is about to break my neck(anyone else that wants to help is more than happy).

my name is Mike and my dads name is Jim. big white van/pickup pulling a black cherokee.

so 30 per day. then 15 for the BBQ. works for me.

Mike in NJ said:
and many other easterners will be agonizing over the last fixes on their junk before they head to Paragon.

ughh don't remind me, I'll be in the garage for the rest of the night..... :rattle:

Mike in NJ said:
..and one BBQ meal (handled by those same unwashed midwesterners).

When you say that smile. :D Or this unwashed Midwestener will...wait this washed mid...aw fawk it. See you asshats tomorrow! :party:

Sumbitch ... I was going to shower tonight before we leave. I guess I just have to come out there a smellin' ripe ... naaaa ... but I will still have grease under my fingernails.

Looking forward to meeting all you guys.

Les

I'm pushin hard to make it, but it's looking doubtful :( Too much to do, too little time, and not enough money to expedite things.....hell, not enough money for gas to get up and back. We'll see, if I take Thursday off work and work straight through the night tomorrow night and go into debt a little more I might make it, but I dunno. Kinda discouraged right now, I've really been looking forward to this as it would have been only my second day off in 6 months, memorial day being the first. Hope you all have a good time, and I'll see some of you in Tellico in July.

Ary

I'll be heading across I-80 tomorrow afternoon clean as a whistle, but I doubt I'll be heading home that way come Monday.

MuddinXJ said:
you should leave in the morning scott. me and lbexj are meeting like 5 or 6 guys at the I-80/I-90 interchange at like 8:30 tommarrow morning.

8:30 Wed morning, hummm, I'm gonna be wrenching on my junk still at that time, then pack some dirty clothes, load the jeep on the bus, attach another jeep on the back via trailer, go to work till 10 pm photographing another 200 dancers, tear equiptment down, get a UPS shipment ready to go, and leave for eastern PA by midnight or so.

See ya all Thursday, beer:30

speaking of beer, is beer cheaper than $14/30 pack in PA?? I think I'm gonna drink Rolling Rock when out there, the Busch of the east.

I'll be rolling in late Thurs night, so I get to meet all of you fawkers when you've already got a few in you.....

See you asshats there!

:D

Back