• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Magna Flow Exhaust

Shifty

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody have any experience with magnaflow exhaust components. I've heard that they are not as loud as the Flowmaster but the performance gains are the same or better. Thanks!

You heard right! I have a Magnaflow on mine. It flows great and is MUCH quieter than a Flowmaster, which I thought was TOO loud.

Second that, in fact go to www.completeexhaust.com and they will hook you up on prices...while you are at it, get a new high-flow cat. You can talk to John at that place and he will tell you exactly what you need to do the best for your ride, plus I can't find cheaper prices anywhere.

Beebe (double down)

Im runnin the Magnaflow muffler and it's great. Awsome sound, NO interior resonance,the best of both worlds.

Does anyone know how the Magnaflow compares to the Dynomax Super Turbo. I am too old to want my XJ to sound loud, so I'm looking for the quietest possible exhaust that will still flow better than stock.

Thanks!

I just put my Magnaflow in a couple of weeks ago and am 100% satisfied with both sound and performance. I too didn't want a loud Flowmaster that would make car alarms go off everywhere I went, and the Magnaflow gives a sweet deep rumble but nothing I would consider LOUD.

Dave

How sturdy is the construction of the magnaflow? Compared to a stock muffler and/or a cherry bomb or whatever else you want. Can it take a few hits on the rocks?

What are you guys using for catalytic convertors. I don't know much about Catco. I was told that is what a lot of "Jeep Guys" are going with. Also, any gas mileage gains when installing these components?

BLUTO said:
Which Magnaflow muffler are you guys using? The (4" or 6") round one or the oval-shaped turbo one?
BLUTO
Mine looks like a regular turbo muffler, oval-shaped.

I know that they feel very rugged and are guaranteed for life. I think they are stainless steel but don't quote me on that. Some have a mirror finish on them also that look quite good. For you guys that run them, any performance gains?

A little off topic here, but not all flowmasters are loud, they have so many different series's. The 40 series is way too loud IMO, but I have a Flowmaster 50 series Deltaflow and it sounds great and is only loud when you get on it and then its not even that loud. The SUV series is even quieter than the Deltaflow. I hate loud exhuasts and I would never recommend it if I thought it were too loud. If you are at all interested in Flowmaster don't automatically assume they are too loud, they have so many different types of mufflers they probably have one you'd be happy with. :D

I also have a comparison question. I ran a FlowMaster 50 series on my 2000XJ, sold it and installed a DynoMax UltraFlow (straight thru design). It got rid of the 2000 RPM drone, but it is still a little noisier than I would like. Makes my Jeep sound like it's "having to work" at 70MPH. Probably sounds like it has a 4 cyl engine :passgas:
So, did anyone have this DynoMax muffler? AND did installing a MagnaFlow mellow-out the exhaust on the freeway? :dunno:

BLUTO :wave1:

BLUTO said:
I also have a comparison question. I ran a FlowMaster 50 series on my 2000XJ, sold it and installed a DynoMax UltraFlow (straight thru design). It got rid of the 2000 RPM drone, but it is still a little noisier than I would like. Makes my Jeep sound like it's "having to work" at 70MPH. Probably sounds like it has a 4 cyl engine :passgas:
So, did anyone have this DynoMax muffler? AND did installing a MagnaFlow mellow-out the exhaust on the freeway? :dunno:

BLUTO :wave1:

Did you run the regular 50 series, the 50 series Deltaflow, or the 50 series SUV? I agree that the regular 50 series is a little loud.

My Magnaflow muffler is about 6" dia x 24" long. It is not noticable on the freeway.It has a slight rumble at idle,and a SWEET sound under heavy acceleration.I did feel a bit more power.BTW I have a hiflow cat also.My exhaust was done by MIRACLE MUFFLER in Anaheim CA ,They made the tail pipe an oval shape to clear between the spring and trailer hitch.High clearance,no rattles.

Back