• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

homemade nuts for a longarm???

xjhm

NAXJA Forum User
i am building a crossmember for my longarm setup, i plan to make a nutstrip from a strip of 1/2 by 2" stock by drilling and tapping it(just like someone else here did, but i couldn't find the post when i looked for it), my question is what size bolts should i make work(i'll be using the two stock crossmember bolts plus three more toward the front) and how strong will the threads be/ how much torque will this setup stand?
or would i be better off torching some holes in the strip and welding store bought nuts into it?

xjhm said:
i am building a crossmember for my longarm setup, i plan to make a nutstrip from a strip of 1/2 by 2" stock by drilling and tapping it(just like someone else here did, but i couldn't find the post when i looked for it), my question is what size bolts should i make work(i'll be using the two stock crossmember bolts plus three more toward the front) and how strong will the threads be/ how much torque will this setup stand?
or would i be better off torching some holes in the strip and welding store bought nuts into it?

7/16 is cool.

Back