• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RK Long Arm Install

Adam Duncan

NAXJA Forum User
I just fully installed my lift, and per instructions, it says do not tighten the bolts that hold the LCAs on more than 1/2" of threads showing. But, by doing this, this leaves a gap large enough for the LCA to slide around on the bolt, allowing my axle to shift slightly. I was wondering if all this is normal, because ive never installed a long arm kit before. Thanks,

Adam Duncan

Adam Duncan said:
I just fully installed my lift, and per instructions, it says do not tighten the bolts that hold the LCAs on more than 1/2" of threads showing. But, by doing this, this leaves a gap large enough for the LCA to slide around on the bolt, allowing my axle to shift slightly. I was wondering if all this is normal, because ive never installed a long arm kit before. Thanks,

Adam Duncan

:huh: That doesn't sound like too good of an idea to me. I'd tighten them down for sure.... but that's just me.
Billy

Dude!. You may want to reread the directions. The thing they show is not to have 1/2" of threads showing past the jam nut on all Krawler Joints and Rod Ends. At the end of the directions they give Torque Specs for all the hardware. Just make sure everything is ungodly tight. Good Luck!

Make sure you have your seatbelt tight for when you lose yor front axle. :explosion

Alright, Funwheelin. Please tell me that your not a RK employee. You own some of there products? Please post a pic of your rig. The only thing youve ever posted on is RK. Thats it. And you seem to know an awful lot about there products. Maybe I'm nuts, but I think that your just full of crap.

Sounds like somebody got called out.

Ive been keepin an eye on it to.

well? whats the verdict? hey csudman, how does the kit flex? the UCA arm looks like it might limit travel...?

It flexes really well. Probably to well. Need bumpstops and limiting straps.
0.jpg

8.jpg

csudman

FYI. Yes I am an employee, well sort of. My name is Steve and I am working here on a part time basis. I started helping out here last fall. I am an engineering student at a local college and enjoy this very much. When someone here gets wind of an issue and they think I can be of service I try to help out. There is no harm in that and it is good customer service. We (mostly myself) will be here to help out customers and fellow wheelers, especially if it is something easy like this person had.

:spam: Say what you want about it.

Steve, I'm was just tring to figure out why the only time you ever posted was when the subject of RK came up, and then it was only positive. Its great that your helping people out. But your coming from the third person.

Now, if you started working there just recently. Some of this makes sence. But you have allways refered to RK in the third person. Meaning usually, that you have no affiliation with them. But apparently you do. What I've been getting from you is that your a RK employee trying to pimp RK products on a public forum with no permission while pretending to be just another customer. Which you abviously aren't.

I jsut think you should be a little more clear about where your coming from and what your motives are for pushing RK's products. Theres nothing wrong with advertizing, but using deceptive methods is outright wrong.

Furthermore, I have recevied the gen II upgrade after my gen I broke. And, I appreciated the good customer service that went with it. So I'm not just another disgruntled former RK customer. But, I still believe that you have some mounting issues with your products.

1. The holes in the frame for the upper arm need to be sleeved.

2. The heim for the upper arm is on the wrong plane.

3. Krawler shackels suck.

4. I broke the first sherical ball assembly that you came out with. It was replaced in a recall I guess. It's not gonna last long. Bad design. It will not hold up to the loads placed on it.

5. For the amount of money your kit cost. It should really include a crossmember. That would solve part of the upper arm mounting problem.

I don't care If you a part time emplyee or the owner, I'm just telling you what I think you motives are on this board. As for the design stuff, call it good free advise.

Anyway, I'm gettin off my horse.
CJ

Well, I am just about out of here for the day. Thank you for your input. I was not responding as a person trying to sell product nor do I believe I have done so to date. Yes, I do get on here when there is a problem related to RK products and give some reasonable point of view. Mostly my views are my own and not neccessarily that of the companies at all. I am an avid offroader and love the industry. That is why I chose to come here. I have seen Rock Krawler systems work side by side the competition and have been completely impressed with what the RK products have to offer. I do not feel like I am a true employee yet, but once I get my degree I hope to be.

For your points here is my personal response.

1) I have not seen an issue with it to date, according to some other people here, some people do use sleeves, but I do know on any of the competition trucks that are using the Super 8 in Neuroc and Uroc it has not been a problem.

2) Has it run out of misalignment on you? I personally have evaluated on XJ's at 8" of lift running 14" travel front shocks and have not run out of misaligment yet. The orientation was done for ease of assembly.

There have been no failures of the 4 bolt mounting flanges to the best of my knowledge to date....

My motives on this board are not to pimp products. That is your opinion. If the people here are made aware of a post of a concern I have every right to post something like I did. If it helps out our customers and anyone else that is great.

:cheers:

Well, I thank you for your input as all do. This is a board of public knowledge and we all contribute our expericanes and expertise.

Now.

1) I have not seen an issue with it to date, according to some other people here, some people do use sleeves, but I do know on any of the competition trucks that are using the Super 8 in Neuroc and Uroc it has not been a problem.

It won't be a problem for a year or so. But, as the suspesion is cycled, and pulled on, and pushed on over time. The holes that are in the frame are going to wollow and get loose. Its gonna be a pain to fix and it is addressable now.

2) Has it run out of misalignment on you? I personally have evaluated on XJ's at 8" of lift running 14" travel front shocks and have not run out of misaligment yet. The orientation was done for ease of assembly.

As I understand it, you want any load to be placed along the body of the heim, that way the ball can never come out. Obvoisly the majority of the use of this heim is locating the axle castor. Front to back push and pull. The heim is set for side to side loads. Thats what the T-bar handles. I'm not saying it won't work. But it could be better.

Anyway, Thanks for answering my questions and being honest. I'm like a detective or somthing. I knew he was with RK weeks ago.

I have installed 2 of your gen 2s, my own and a friends, the UCA mount on the frames needs to be sleaved, period, it is way too easy to over torque those 4 bolts and buckle the floor area. in addition it is just about imposable to get all four holes lined up exactly accross from each other!!! I added a few welds to bolth the inner and outer plate, Just so I would feel better. also you should send new bolts for the lowwer arms as the factory ones are too small for the crawler joints. We have used the crap out this system and it works great I realy like it though I still don't understand why they just don't add the pass side UCA if for no other reason than to get everyone who douts,or has hesatations, about the 3 link desigh to shut up. just my opinions after running it for awhile
Led :peace:

Back