• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need help doing an axle swap in IL

Erik Litchy

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a ford 8.8 out of an explorer and need someone that can weld the new one in place. I have the brackets cut off the 8.8, but the shock mounts need removed and installed on the new axle. if anyone knows of a shop that can do it or is willing to give it a go please let me know. basically the shops near me dont want to acept the liability of working on a modded vehicle.

I'm in NW Indiana and will be doing the same thing soon. I'll be picking up my 8.8 Wednesday. If you run out of local options let me know and we can get together and do them both.

thats not out of the option at all. pm me your phone number and address and i can finally get this done. fridays are best for me, or sundays.

I live in Sullivan, IL, about an hour and a half south east of you. I've got a TIG, MIG, and arc welder that my father is very good with (used to weld steel building frames). We are planning on putting an 8.8 in our YJ, so I would love to help you out. I also have a lift, but it is in a different shop than the welders. Let me know, I'll probably be in Bloomington later this week (my girlfriend lives there), so maybe we could meet up and see what you have to work with.
Travis

Back