• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro Comp Radial Mud-Terrain Tire and any ideas for a lift

Z22_Z33

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know if these are any good? I'm planning on buying a lift and tires. and it looks like http://www.macromotive.com/shopping/goShopping.cfm?tag=3.2.115.179.3991.0 has got a good deal going on. would this actaully be cheaper to purchase em through the net have them shiped then get em mounted and installed or probably just better to go somewhere local?
and does anyone have anygood ideas for a good lift or better tires that wont break the bank? most of my drivings going to be done on the street, but i still want a capable off-roader
also do i have to buy new rims, or will these fit on my current rims , i'm not sure what they are they came with the xj, they are 15" ultras thats all i know about them and currently i got some 235/75r/15 tires over them.

Last edited:
that seems like a decent deal but nothing spectacular, figure in another $15 per tire for mount and balance, so you're looking at $555 for 31s (you didn't say what size?). the best way to go is find someone who's moving up a size and get their barely used ones dirt cheap. you could also print that page out and take it to your local tire place and ask them what they can do with a similar product.

i'm thinking about just putting on 31" tires on, i would like to put on 33" but that would probably end up breaking the bank as compared to just 31s i'd still have some money left for lower gearing and maybe a locker, but right now i'm just interested in a lift and tires, i would just need a 3"-3.5" lift for 31s right? off of everyones experince what would you recommend? i dont want to buy something cheap and find its junk or even something expensive and find thats junk as well.
are there any lifts out there that i can later on upgrade to just in case i get more serious and if my abilities improve, i dont feel like spending 500 bucks on a lift and then later down the road wanting to go bigger and shelling a 1000 or more for a completly new lift.

thanks for the adivce i'll start looking at the classifeds seeing if theres any deals

Last edited:
pro comp makes some good tires......some of the guys in my jeep club at home in WA ran them and had no beef with them, and they wore pretty well up in the mountains. it just depends on what you want to do i spose.

Kris

Back