• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intermittent no spark,Renix system

LBJ

NAXJA Forum User
Went to start my 87 MJ after sitting all day and had no spark. Tried a couple more times and finally started. Shut it off and would not start again. CPS is less than six months old and coil module is probably a couple years old. Ignition swith is original I'm thinking this may be the culprit. Also it seemed that if I cycled the key a few times I had a better chance of it firing up. If I have low fuel pressure will it affect spark? Sorry for the long post guys. Almost forgot, it is a 2.5 f.i. with a 5 speed. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this problem. Thanks. :confused:

I`d check the keyswitch/ignition box first- dont know on your 2.5, but the 4.0`s box is lower column above your right toe- if the box is out of adjustment/bad or the contacts inside are toast you`ll get a no/sometimes start- it messes with the ignition circut.

Back