• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

And there it was lying on the floor

Z22_Z33

NAXJA Forum User
How come these things happen when your doing something else? I just put in my new K&N airfilter ( my first mod so far) and the rubber cover over the break pedal was lying there on the floor. I hope this isnt a sign telling me not to make my jeep better. I live in seattle and a wet shoe and a metal break pedal sounds like a dangerous combantion. Is there anything out there that will allow there to be some grip on the break pedal? I put the rubber cover back on but i beleive one or two of the corner lips are split, and glue only sounds like a temporary soultion to this problem.
I'm not going to waste my time or my money by going to a dealership they charge to much, can you believe that i bought two of the small square plastic tabs to hold the license plate in, for 6 bucks?! I should have gone to a junk yard. damn credit cards, makes me spend money faster not smarter.

good attention getter isnt it?

Last edited:
You might be able to find a new cover at a parts store in the HELP! section, not sure though. Check with the dealer, sometimes you'd be surprised with prices (sometimes they're low ball). Failing that RTV the sucker on, I've done that before to pedal pads and it'll hold for a good amount of time.

Sequoia

Dealer part number for pad (Automatic Transmission): 5207 8540
Dealer part number for pad (Manual Transmission): 5200 2750

forget about getting a new rubber cover...go to your local skateboard shop and ask for a piece of grip tape

on one side it is like 40 grit sandpaper and the other side is a really strong adhesive....it doesnt last forever but for pedal grip, this is hard to beat

usually they will have a ton of the stuff layin in the trash, scraps from the last board they covered, if not, its only a few bucks at the most, and you will have more than plenty to re-cover it as it starts to wear

Just go get a tube of liquid nails from your local home depot/lowes/menards.... It's subfloor adhesive, might cost $2-3 and it'll never let that pedal come off again. Takes a couple days to fully cure though.

Along the same idea as OneTon's, I use 3M's marine adheasive (4200 and 5200) quite a bit and it's excellent. Messy as hell and holds as well. Good Luck.

Woody

i'm not to worried about spending money, just not at a dealership, aren't there some sort of aftermarket break and gas pedal suff. like the ricers use, but something an xj could use instead of those pieces of junk.

I seen one of those mud bog racers that had steel diamond plate welded to the pedals. Judging by the paint job or lack there of, the mod wasn’t done for looks. These guys race through several feet deep mud and if it didn’t work I’m sure he would have done something different. Defiantly overkill for a daily driver, but it never hurts to dream.

Back