• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driveline angle

moneypitxj

NAXJA Member #565
what kind of degrees can we run a driveshaft at? and is there a better fix than just using shims? i dont know if it makes a differance but, i have an 8.25 axle along w/ the sye on a 241or.

moneypitxj said:
what kind of degrees can we run a driveshaft at? and is there a better fix than just using shims? i dont know if it makes a differance but, i have an 8.25 axle along w/ the sye on a 241or.

When I swapped in my Full width 44, I mounted the new spring perches on an angle so the pinion has a slight upward angle...No more vibes. :guitar:

i do not have any vibration i was just wondering at what degree the drive sahft can befor the pinion could start to wear bad

The pinion doesnt even know/care about angles!Its only the u-joints themselves that have an operating lifespan based on the the angle it sees!They also have a maximum operating angle along with your yoke.

Back