• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"non-member" participation??

bretto

NAXJA Forum User
Do you need to be an official NAXJA member to attend the events? I would really like to go.

Brett

I believe the rules state that to run your own vehicle, you must be a member - riding shotgun with a member is OK - someone chime in if I'm wrong....

Membership is CHEAP when you look at all the money it will save you with the problems you may have with your XJ, especially when the stealership is often the only alternative. Also, all of the non-NAXJA events I've attended in the last few years require a registration fee to be paid, often $50 or more. $30 seems like a paltry sum to enjoy the fun.

hint: Join NAXJA!

Well last year they let non members come and play, even non XJ/MJ ers showed up. and we had a registration fee last year. this year it is free except for meal tickets etc. but since it is supposed to be so big this year there are BLM restrictions in place. I don't know what those are or if they involve membership rules. It doesn't say anything on the info page. Someone will chime in I'm sure. In the meanwhile I say go ahead and plan on joining us in Moab! I also second Cheropair, there are many benifits if you join NAXJA! I joined last year just before the fall fling because I decided that if there was a large club specific for one of my favorite vehicles then I needed to be a part of it!

I think that in order to participate as a non-member you have to be invited by a member....

Now this is the anniversary event so the rules will be even more open... I know Goatman will chime in sooner or later but as far as I know any and all are welcome to come to the event and participate :)

Kejtar

Yes, Goatman has a standing invite for any and everyone with an XJ/MJ to the 20th Anniversary Celebration. All you need to do now is show up. Previous years have attracted new members this way and has given them the opportunity to see what membership in NAXJA would be like. I also would encourage you to go ahead and join now if you are kind of on the fence about it. I for one think the membership fee is a small price considering all that I have saved from the great technical information that is found here.
See you in Moab!
:cool:

bretto said:
Do you need to be an official NAXJA member to attend the events? I would really like to go.

Brett

No, anyone with an XJ or MJ is invited to this event. NAXJA membership is not required. Also, if you have friends that don't drive an XJ, and they want to make the trek with you, they are also welcome to attend.

It is well worth the membership fee for all the benefits that one receives. I know that here in Arizona, the Jeep Jamboree and other events are over 100.00 and some over 200.00 for the event. With NAXJA only asking under 40.00 bucks to be a member, that is a great deal. It makes sense to have a member invite you if you are a guest. We have had open events here in my area before, and you take a risk on what and who will show up. One of our open events was a complete tragedy. We had a number of irresponsible people show up and ruin it with their drunkeness and loud and bad behavior. The members having waited a year for this and all the work to get it going lost what could have been a great time. Actually, we lost some memberships over it. I am not against having guests, I just hope that in some way they are known by friends and members. Sorry if I sound harsh, but if you would have been at the open event, you would understand where I am coming from.............................
But please understand, I am a team player and what ever the vote is I will support............

Thanks,
Casper

Back