• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj Jump

Eddie OConnor

NAXJA Forum User
I just came off a trail and hosed off the mud, and when I made a slow turn on the pavement there was a front wheeel jump or hop with a strong pull on the steering wheel. When the turn continued it appeared to happen on a certain travel of the front wheels then another bump or hop. This is so different I have no idea as to the cause. The Xj has a 3in BDS lift. Helpful suggestions needed.
PS: Sway bar connected.

And don't think your the first person to think that something bad was happening in your front end.
When it happened to me I jumped out of my Jeep and spent 10 min. looking for something wrong!
Rick :banghead:

Im not positive about this, but if you have a vacume disco front end, and the cable came loose while mudding, it might be stuck in 4wd, and it could be mud in the hubs. It probably somthin really simple. See if you have two little rubber lines hanging from your engine that arent goin anywhere that will reach your axle.

Could be blown spider gears......hitting the bad teeth on one side and locking up, if you don't have a disconnect or if your disconnect isn't working. It could also be severe tire rub if something came apart or bent on your front suspension.

Back