• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NVG 241 J

XJJJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone out there running the new Rock-Trac? Were there any issues with the shift linkage? I'm having shifting problems.

I'm just about to have it installed in my 90 XJ along with a 98 AX-15, delivering the jeep and parts to Jacobs manana. What problems are you having specifically? Anything I learn from the install I'll be sure to share.
Fred

In reply to Fred

To make a long story short, I grenaded my 231 and bent my front driveshaft. I replaced the 231 with the 241 J & ran w/o a front driveshaft for a while. Drove fine. Got an awesome driveshaft from Tom Woods, but when I put it on, I started having problems shifting t-case. No prob w/o shaft. Don't know if linkage is hitting shaft or not. Didn't have time to check, so I took the shaft back out. An engineer who developed the case said the linkage might have to be reversed, so when in 2WD, shift lever is actually in 4WD low position. It wasn't installed in a "4WD shop", just a regular auto repair place, so I'm not 100% positive it was done right. Any info you could pass on would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Back