• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Herculiner Question

I Herculined the entire floor of my XJ, from the hatch opening to just under the dash and about 2 inches up the sides. There's no need to prime first, but you do need to read the label directions carefully and follow them. All surfaces to be coated need to be scuffed real good so as to remove all the glossy finish.
I had repaired some huge cancerous lesions over the cat and muffler and had some fresh steel to deal with, so I chose to coat that part of it first with some POR-15 to prevent another rust-out. Let me tell you that scuffing up the finish on that POR-15 was TOUGH. That stuff is amazing.
Use gauntlet-style chemical resistant gloves, safety glasses, long sleeves, and something over your hair. Any Herculiner that gets on you must be removed while wet with Xylene (and there's a reason you don't find Xylene on the ingredient list of finer skincare products) or if it dries, allowed to wear off in a couple of weeks during which EVERYONE wants to know what the hell happened to your hands.
It's held up really well - I love it.
Good luck.

XJOFFROAD said:
Im goin to Herculine the floor boards. What I want to know is if I should primer the florr boards first? Anyone done this?? :thumbup:
Clean up the surface of dirt and scuff it up and you will be good to go. I did lower sides of my doors and all I did was run some sand paper through them. In any case, here you will find some advice what not to do and what to do when bad things happen :D (yeah I know it's an oldie... but it's a great one though)

Kejtar said:
In any case, here you will find some advice what not to do and what to do when bad things happen :D (yeah I know it's an oldie... but it's a great one though)

WOW! :shocked:

Oh man that is an old one but a great one. yeah dont get it on your hootus unless you are into that kind of stuff.
LOL man I still laugh thinking about that.

Back