• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Biggest engine in a Cherokee?

mission-inc

NAXJA Forum User
I'm just curious...

But anywho, what's the largest engine you've ever seen dropped into a cherokee? I once saw in a wheelin' mag awhile back a big block v8 if I can remeber correctly, it was acouple years ago.

i saw one that was entered into top truck challenge that had a 454 with two radiators

Its simple your build a tube frame. Install the motor and running gear, cut a unibody apart and reassemble it around the motor and tube frame throught the liberal use of a sawzall, BFH, plasma cutter, and duct tape.

the one you are reffering to is white. there are two of them actually one has a 454(white one w/ blue exo cage and like 49" iroks) and the other has a smaller BB i think(correct me if im wrong). both have 1 ton axles. both have tires bigger than 44".

here are some pics that were borrowed from www.xjdb.com

new_0241151.jpg

new_0254159.jpg

Not sure what engine this is but I'm pretty positive it's not a strait 6:
xj0086.jpg

:shiver:

ahahhaa another one:
Ridiclous.jpg

Last edited:
MuddinXJ said:
both have 1 ton axles.

I know one runs 2.5 ton Rockwells (white w/ blue cage).

the one i saw with the 454 was not one of the ones your talking about, it was smaller. i can try and dig through my old magazines if i still have them and try and find it. i do remember that he was running dana 44 front and rear :wow:

The one under the one with Iroks is running Michelins of some size......those things are crazy..the blown one is ugly imo

i would take the white one wit the blue exo, the blower one's steering geometry is way crazy and with those ugly mickey t's i think it's garbo. He does have the c/o upfront but it must not drive down the highway without putting the fear of God in all who ride inside. BTW the TTC applicant owned either a black or dark blue with a 454 and 35 x like 15 swampers or boggers. Again, kudos to the white xj.

Not in an XJ but one of those big name ball players had a V-10 viper motor put in a TJ back in 98....

RichP said:
Not in an XJ but one of those big name ball players had a V-10 viper motor put in a TJ back in 98....

i heard about that a while back.
if i remember correctly he was a center for the new orleans saints. he said that he loved to pull up next to f-bodys and pulling the front end up! he had 35's i think, also.
-g

Back