• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97'+ xj info-specs & trim

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
I'm bringing this thread back as I'm looking for a 97'+ xj & selling my 98' grand cherokee laredo. What models in the 97'+ had leather? I know the limited model up to 93' or so I believe were called a limited, but weren't those fazed out by the "Up Country" or "Country" model? What do the Sport, Classic, etc trims mean? Can all of them be optioned out from the factory to be similiar?
What is the best year to get from this vintage? The last 2 yrs 00-01'? I know they are low pinion dana 30's, but they have alot of improvements I heard. I have a 91' xj on 35's & 8" for my wheeler so the xj I'm looking for would be my daily driver.
Troy

steinjeep said:
I'm bringing this thread back as I'm looking for a 97'+ xj & selling my 98' grand cherokee laredo. What models in the 97'+ had leather? I know the limited model up to 93' or so I believe were called a limited, but weren't those fazed out by the "Up Country" or "Country" model? What do the Sport, Classic, etc trims mean? Can all of them be optioned out from the factory to be similiar?
What is the best year to get from this vintage? The last 2 yrs 00-01'? I know they are low pinion dana 30's, but they have alot of improvements I heard. I have a 91' xj on 35's & 8" for my wheeler so the xj I'm looking for would be my daily driver.
Troy

IIRC it's Classic and Limited that had leather as an option. The UpCountry was just an add on to other packages (Sport) which was just a bunch of options grouped together. You probably want to find out which year had the distributorless setup (99?) and get that right before it goes to the LP d30. And even if you get the LP D30, it's not that hard to swap in an HP d30.

Look here for some info on the 97+ in the spec section (although the 97+ imore applies to 97~99 I think )http://www.naxja.org/secure/ (logon info can be found in the members forum in a sticky)

Kejtar said:
IIRC it's Classic and Limited that had leather as an option. The UpCountry was just an add on to other packages (Sport) which was just a bunch of options grouped together. You probably want to find out which year had the distributorless setup (99?) and get that right before it goes to the LP d30. And even if you get the LP D30, it's not that hard to swap in an HP d30.

Look here for some info on the 97+ in the spec section (although the 97+ imore applies to 97~99 I think )http://www.naxja.org/secure/ (logon info can be found in the members forum in a sticky)
Thanks Remi

Back