• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing full time 4WD w/ 231

Roxtar

NAXJA Forum User
A friend of mine just blew out the full time 4WD TC in his ZJ. He's interested in going to a 231. What's involved in this swap?

Hey dopey, I just did a search using 231+242+swap, and came up with about 429 threads.
You suck at the internet.
Hasta.

bgcntry72 said:
Hey dopey, I just did a search using 231+242+swap, and came up with about 429 threads.
You suck at the internet.
Hasta.
Hey pal, this isn't even my truck. Think I'm actually gonna work at it? He's a friend, not a good friend.
Besides, I didn't know that it was a 242. Waddaya want, my NAXJA card too?
I'm keepin the sticker though.

What the hell is up with you this week?
If I came to your house, there would no doubt be an empty pod near your bed.
Let me know when you get back, Jack.
Have a nice day, lighting cigs with a paperclip, a pencil eraser, and some toilet paper.

EDIT: I assumed it was a 242 because he said full time. I admittedly know zhit about ZJs, and jsut wanted to pile more zhit on the kid.
DOUBLE EDIT: Made a call and found out that 249 is a trouble prone full time tcase. Viscous Coupling is the most notorious culprit.
You should go (back) to JU and do a search in the GC forum.

Last edited:
bgcntry72 said:
What the hell is up with you this week?
If I came to your house, there would no doubt be an empty pod near your bed.
Let me know when you get back, Jack.
Have a nice day, lighting cigs with a paperclip, a pencil eraser, and some toilet paper.

EDIT: I assumed it was a 242 because he said full time. I admittedly know zhit about ZJs, and jsut wanted to pile more zhit on the kid.
DOUBLE EDIT: Made a call and found out that 249 is a trouble prone full time tcase. Viscous Coupling is the most notorious culprit.
You should go (back) to JU and do a search in the GC forum.

Ahhs be sorry boss, Ah promises to do betta necks taum.
Bite me, it's been a long week. Check your PMs, are we wheeling next weekend?

Back