• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front axle. What should I do?

XJjosh

NAXJA Member #1025
I would like to put a dana 44 front end off of an old bronco with driver side drop. should i get the longarm kit and build the dana 30 and cut the old control arm brackets off of the jeep, or get the 44 and have radius arms? what would be better down the road? i have a 96 with the 297 u joints. arent these the same as the 44? could i get the superior axles and be done?

There have been thousands of discussions on the benefits of the d44 over the d30, and whether or not it is worth it, as well as tons of info on running radius arms and FARMERMATT's EB axle conversion tech article. Since you didn't provide any information on what you're running, going to run, and how/where you wheel we can't really help. I'ld start by searching.

The bronco axle will likely have 260 ujoints which aren't as good the 297s and depending on year may have drum brakes.

Back