• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap Lift

Cheap Lift

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i would not reccomend using a short aal, even a long aal will sag fairly quickly because of the weak xj springs. same for the shackle's

i used the dakota springs in the rear and they love to flex, and the ride isnt even that bad

Right now I'm working on making some longer shackles and coil spacers. Total cost for 2" lift will be about $8. :D

Stick said:
I can tell you this, when you get your 2" lift on , your only gonna wanna go higher... Been there, done that. Got the bills to show it.

I have to agree with Stick. I had my BB on for 2 months and am going to 3.5" now. At this rate, I should be at 8" before the end of the year! :roll:

I dunno, I dont think I'd go with a "cheap lift" first, because you dont know if anything is going to fail, therefore messing up the cherokee to a non-driving status. my cherokee is also my daily driver, so I cant afford to make that mistake, therefore I'm starting out with the 3.5'' RE superflex kit and 31 x 10.50's at the end of this year (waiting to lift the jeep after i take it home to the states) and we'll see what happens after that. If i decide to go higher (which i prolly wont) I'll lift my CJ and see what happens.

Kris

-I was just curious to your guys' thoughts on the whole "Small Lift" scenario. I actually probobly(sp?) wont lift mine until I save the money for a big RE one. I was just toying with the thought. Thanks for the opinions.

Back