• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Home Brew Budget Boost write up complete.

GottaBeJeep

NAXJA Forum User
how are those spring clamps located? Usually a clamp of that style is rivited to the bottom leaf.

why did you reconnect the rear sway bar?

also its good to see people shop at all pro, i used to work for Parts Depot LLC :yelclap:

Stock measurement in the rear is 17". His before lift measurement was 16.25". After the AAL, the initial measurement was 18.75, which settled into 18.5" after a drive down a bumpy gravel road and down the highway. Therefore, he settled to 2.25" over what he initially started with (18.5" - 16.25" = 2.25"), and 1.5" over stock (18.5" - 17" = 1.5"). Basically, he got 2.25" of lift, but because of his already sagging springs, he is only sitting 1.5" over stock. Hope that made sense.

Arakele said:
why did you reconnect the rear sway bar?

also its good to see people shop at all pro, i used to work for Parts Depot LLC :yelclap:

He doesn't offroad. He just wanted a little more lift and wanted to beef things up so he could pull a boat/jet skis around without the back end bouncing off the bumpstops. Off or on doesn't matter for what he is planning, but since he plans to tow quite often, he decided to keep it. Not my decision, but it doesn't hurt anything for him to keep it if he isn't going to flex.

Thanks for the detailed write up.
Have you driven an OME quipped XJ and if so, how does your Budget Boost compare?

What shocks have you decided to go with? Since you spent so little of your friend's $350 budget, you could go for a set of OME or Monroe Reflex shocks.
Please let us know which shocks you decide to go with and how the whole package works

Back