• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi output alternator

XJ4PLAY

NAXJA Member #1194
anybody have experience with a company called ALTERSTART in Dallas, Texas.

they claim a lifetime warranty on a drop in 165 amp @ 1600 rpm alt.

any recommendations on this or anybody elses product?

thank you

The 1600 RPM is probably the alternator RPM not the motor RPM.

Ive heard of a few people on JU using them in there CJs and so far they Like them. I plan to install one in my Cherokee when I relocate to TN. No 1st hand experiance yet.

XJ4PLAY said:
anybody have experience with a company called ALTERSTART in Dallas, Texas.

they claim a lifetime warranty on a drop in 165 amp @ 1600 rpm alt.

any recommendations on this or anybody elses product?

thank you
They custom built me a 165 amp alternator for my '99 (no one makes a high amp one for this year) and shipped it the same day I ordered it, for $100 less than a 95 amp OEM.
I think you know where I stand.

i just recieved the 200amp from them...iam running dual batteries set up..i well keep you posted..finishing up the install today..charles

ive got that same alternator.... yes they DO support their warranty... mine broke.... so i sent it back... and i got a new 1 (actually they just fixed the same one that i sent them) but ya.. since then no probs... yesterday i just installed the kilby overdrive pulley on it... and it charges a lil faster which is nice.... so ya
its a good alt for the $$$ good people to deal with

I bought the 165amp from alterstart and aside from UPS breaking the first one they sent, I haven't had a problem. I also upgraded the wires since they recommend at least upgrading the Alt-Bat wire.

allright..i have had this 200 amp in now for a week and its been great..it didnt just drop in though..had to make a lower bracket to get things to work..the new alt. is between 10-15% larger..||charles||

Back