• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slow console startup

t bell

NAXJA Forum User
I have noticed that my overhead console LCD takes a bit longer to come on. What would cause this? And where is the temp. gauge for this thing? It can read very high in a short amount of time. Has to be close to the engine.

Last edited:
The temp sender is under the front bumper. This shot is from under the engine, looking up and forward.
temp_sender.jpg

Baed on a few year's comparison to street thermometers, it's very accurate. When you're driving the radiator doesn't make much difference to the sensor. It's only when you stop that the radiator and the engine heat start making the sensor register higher.

Jim

Yucca-Man said:
Baed on a few year's comparison to street thermometers, it's very accurate. When you're driving the radiator doesn't make much difference to the sensor. It's only when you stop that the radiator and the engine heat start making the sensor register higher.

Jim
You BET that stopping can make a difference. One time here in Phoenix I was waiting in stop and go traffic, where the outside air temp was about 114. The temperature sensor on the console said the temp was 136. I guess the radiator does tend to heat up the air between the grille when it's not moving very much............

I always joke with my passengers and tell them that the Jeep is protecting them from super high temps. I think it only goes to about 130 or so and then it displays "SC". Whatever that means.

SC? "Super-Crispy" although I once got mine up around that area while on a long uphill, facing the sun out in the Colorado boonies. It was only about 60-65 that day, too...

Back