• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Run?

rj454

NAXJA Forum User
Are there any plans for a Formal/Organized/NAXJA recognized Colorado Chapter Run?

working on it this week at least 3 weeks notice will be given

Hello, fellow xj'er here in the denver metro area. I was wondering if you guys ever get together for a run. What all goes on in the colorado NAXJA family? (I'm considering a membership)

I didn't mean to bastardize your thread, I just thought this was an opportunity to ask what goes on around here.

thanks in advance,

david

Hey, Chief- I'm doing Middle St.Vrain and Coney Creek tomorrow; you're welcome to join. (see Carnage thread)
So far we've had 2-3 "Meet'n'Greets", but NO WHEELING as a group yet.
Web-wheeling seems to be job1, as far as I can tell. Don't mean to sound pissy, but I've tried several times to get a group together and always wind up wheeling with MHJC members, or by myself. And that's the skinny from this fat boy!

meet and greet sounds cool, I'd really like to meet local xj enthusiasts. As far as wheeling, my 9-5 prohibits weekday wheeling.

When is the next meet and greet, or does one need to be planned?

Meet-n-greets will be posted here in the Colorado Chapter forum. Usually a couple weeks notice. There's members all over the place, so they've been having them in different locations each time. I'm thinking the next one will be further south (Castle Rock or Colo.Springs), since the last few were up here; so the southern boys wont have as far to drive.

I read a reply that said that Red Cone was open. I love that trail, not too hard but great scenery. Unless it has gotten radically worse, I think with a little help we could get stockers over it. Any opinions?

I've got to find a place to go Saturday or I'm going to go crazy. Coney Flats is close but kind of boring. Bill Moore Lake might be fun with a touch of snow. Hell, I might try Red Cone on Saturday.

old_man said:
I read a reply that said that Red Cone was open. I love that trail, not too hard but great scenery. Unless it has gotten radically worse, I think with a little help we could get stockers over it. Any opinions?
I am up for anything that a stocker can handle. Red Cone would be terrific. I have heard too much about it to not give it a shot.

Red cone would be a lot of fun. that is a gorgeous drive. I don't remember it being a bad road at all (I wasn't driving though); it seams like you see quite a few stockers up there. We were in a CJ-5 with stock wheels/tires and springs with no arch at all and we didn't have a problem.

I'm going to try and head up that way the middle of the week, actually it will be most likely be Thursday, and see what the conditions are. Someone said that Webster was extremely snowed in, but you can never trust a jeeper. They are kind of like fishermen.

Anybody want to loan me a helicopter so I can go scout trails.

Back