• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has the last minute thrashing begun yet? or are we still too far out?

Safari Ary

NAXJA Forum User
My Jeep is currently sitting on jackstands in mid-front axle swap. The long arms are in place, the brackets are all tacked on the axle 'cept for the trackbar, and it looks like everything is going to clear the oil pan. I've still got to find shafts from somewhere for this thing, fab a trackbar, wait for the spindles to get here, get it geared, put brakes on it, and fully weld everything.

The rear axle hasn't been started yet, although it's already geared and locked, but it needs perches, brakes, and a u-joint adaptor for the pinion.

My 35s are 5 hours away and I'm struggling to figure out how I'm gonna finish all this stuff next weekend and go get the tires too. So much to do, so little time.

How are yalls projects looking?

Ary

What's the event you are working towards?

Derik

Still have to re-gear and install f/r ARB's. Waiting for the mail to come with the front ARB, and some parts for the rear. Nothing like the last minute! :thumbup:

i just have to get new front/rear bumpers and my tc drop w/ a few skids. my axle swap w/ 4-link(maybe coilovers too) in the rear(and possibly front) is gona have to wait till after NACfest. d44 front/rear w/ 4-link and coils/coilovers front/rear is gona be nice. cant wait to get it done.

my cage should be finished up on the first of June, got to paint the cage and I'm doing a flame job on it too, that should help the performance (yes S Mac, yellow flames).

still need to drop the lift a couple inches too. I'll be there on time.

Mike in NJ said:
IT'S NEXT WEEK???!!!! :eek:

Is this expressing your shock at how much we all have left to do? or did it just hit you that it's next week? :D

Ary

I'm still poking along at getting ready.....

Been workin on getting this under my junk:

D446.JPG

Gears are in...

Now all it needs is shaft seals, and all brake hardware, including cylinders....

My original budget for it was no more than $350, but now I'm pushing $500...:rolleyes:

got my new transfer case in a couple of weeks ago it has 4:1 i have used it and it kicks butt, but i cant wait till nacfest to really try it out. plus since last years nacfest i put in f/r arb's and 4.56's. i won the gift certificate for arb at last years raffle. :D

No posts from Beez or Oneton yet, they must really be procrastinating :D

This weekend was a bust, didn't get anything done except put the battery back in the XJ and let it run for a bit, oh and figured out which parts go to which Jeep.

Hopefully the rock rails and rear bumper will go on one night this week, regear and locker install is tentatively scheduled for Sat. I have to confirm this tonight, and my rear DS is MIA, I hope to hear back today about that.

I won't know until Sun. if I'm making this trip or not.

I've got front, tcase and gastank skids to put on still. Picking up the front and gas tomorrow, waiting for the tcase to arrive. Also have 3.5" coils and an alignment to do to the front. And won't be able to work on it this weekend! :wow:

Thought all I had to do was have the skid plates fo the control arms tacked on and change the oil.
But NO ,shop owner looked at the tire wear and said it was toe-ed out,well it has been 30k or so since it was checked so i agreed to have it set.When we jacked up the tire to spin it ,he shook it and discovered the TRE loose on the drivers side,Track bar is loose and the center TRE is loose also.Crap there goes another $100.
Wayne :sure:

Wayne Sihler said:
Thought all I had to do was have the skid plates fo the control arms tacked on and change the oil.
But NO ,shop owner looked at the tire wear and said it was toe-ed out,well it has been 30k or so since it was checked so i agreed to have it set.When we jacked up the tire to spin it ,he shook it and discovered the TRE loose on the drivers side,Track bar is loose and the center TRE is loose also.Crap there goes another $100.
Wayne :sure:

Oh man, if only had another $100 to spend to be ready I'd be a HAPPY HAPPY man. Lookin at about another $1000 this week, and that's not even travel money. Just parts(and tires)!

Out of curiosity...
What is the 'penalty' for showing up for a run with no new mods since the last run?
You guys are killing me.
Hasta sheeple.

Lets see...... Still waiting on the lca bushings, have to install the 4.10's and arb in the rear, still working on the wiring and plumbing for the arb, and this is the daily driver! :wow: Almost forgot....... still need to balance the tires! :)

bgcntry72 said:
Out of curiosity...
What is the 'penalty' for showing up for a run with no new mods since the last run?

2 trips through B's spankin' machine.

Last edited:
bgcntry72 said:
Out of curiosity...
You guys are killing me.
Hasta sheeple.

Basically....

what happens is.....

you are forced to stand around your own rig by yourself, complementing yourself on your own old mods....

as we found out from the last time it happened, it looks ridiculous....

and your post count will be reset to zero.

Back