• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newb D44 hub packing help

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
Hey fellas, I am finally starting to reassemble my front 44 and have been told that I need to pack the hub a certain way. I have never done it before, just pulled it all apart so is there a tech article somewhere I could read or something?
Also, how do I get the old little spindle bearing out of there so I can put the new one in?
Thanks for the help, I am sure I will come in with more questions as I keep working on it today.
josh

I've only ever done it one way. Put a pile of greese in your hand and work the edge of the bearing onto it (the side where you can see the bottom of the rollers) until clean greese squishes out the top. Good explination huh?

For the spindle bearing I just used a long punch and worked around the edge of the bearing until it came out.

Lincoln said:
I've only ever done it one way. Put a pile of greese in your hand and work the edge of the bearing onto it (the side where you can see the bottom of the rollers) until clean greese squishes out the top. Good explination huh?

For the spindle bearing I just used a long punch and worked around the edge of the bearing until it came out.

What he said....

or try This

Either one of the tools in the following link will work really well & save for some mess when packing bearings (I assume you're talking bearings & not the lockout hub?). On the small "spindle" bearing are you talking about the needle bearings that guide & support the stub shaft inside the spindle? If so than you just work it with a punch from side to side like Lincoln suggested.

Matt
greese packer aka Beezil

Back