• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loose Cargo tie-down

I f you're referring to this. Well, it's a rivet and the only way to tighten it is to drill it out and re-rivet it.

Otherwise, I don't know what you're talking about.

is.php

spkshasha said:
Thanks a lot man.
Ya gotta admit, you saw that one coming.

Drill out the rivet. Take the d-ring in to the local hdwr store and find the rivet that fits best. Then do what he said.

It'd probably be more economical to buy a rivet set. It comes with the gun and several sizes of rivets.

I just cut mine out completely. (although i was already missing one, and the rest were rusted.) I'm not a fan of riveting stuff myself.

imma honky said:
I just cut mine out completely. (although i was already missing one, and the rest were rusted.) I'm not a fan of riveting stuff myself.
They're good for keeping bungee cords.

I just used some acft hardware and remounted them with self-locking nuts. Any stainless hardware would work though, doesn't have to be rivets.

acft hardware is awesome, though it can run on the expensive side (believe me i know!) We've got bolts that run over 100 bucks a piece! But then again, when you look at where its going, you can believe it would cost that much.

Kris

ladywolf said:
acft hardware is awesome, though it can run on the expensive side (believe me i know!) We've got bolts that run over 100 bucks a piece! But then again, when you look at where its going, you can believe it would cost that much.

Kris

I love Ace Hardware. I can't tell you how many times I've found things there that Home Depot didn't have. (unfortuneately home depot is a half mile from me, and Ace is about 15 miles :()

ladywolf said:

Kris

Uhm, I didn't say where I got the hardware. :angel: The stainless 10-32 cost between $1.50 to $3.50 depending on the grip. The titanium costs more.

bg, your right, it does stand for aircraft hardware, i have a bad tendency to abbreviate, thanx to the army, but after awhile you get tired of writing the full word down, so we use a lot of acronymns and shortened words:D

Kris

Back